QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE ABOUT…
- What is included in the registration fee?
- Registration for NEVER QUIT® runs presented by ACUVUE® includes:
- Brand new, first ever, Eagle Finisher Medallion
- Finisher necklace when selected
- Commemorative official race shirt made of ultra soft materials. Women’s Tank or Men have t-shirt options.
- Commemorative custom race bib.
- Free pictures
- New Blue Carpet area at the Sea Walk Pavilion.
- 3 days of pre event packet pickup
- How do I know if I’m registered?
Once registration has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email that will serve as your only confirmation of registration. To receive another registration confirmation, please visit Eventbrite.com or call Eventbrite and a registration expert will asset you: 800-350-8850
- Can someone else pick up my race packet for me if I am unable to attend the Expo?
You can not pick up for other participants, however, you can pick up for your Husband, Wife or children who are 17 years old or younger or if you are coming from out of town and can not get to packet pickup. You CAN pick up for another participant that lives outside the Jacksonville, FL area if you bring a photocopy of the participant’s driver’s license.Everyone else will be required to show their own valid picture government ID at packet pickup.
- If I can not attend Packet Pickup, can I get my race bib on day of event?
No, there will be no day of race packet pickup
- I’m unable to do the race I signed up for, can I give someone else my number to race for me?
No, race entries are non-transferrable. No Refunds are offered.
- If I can’t attend the race, can my race packet be mailed to me?
Yes, for a $15 fee which is paid while you register online for you race.
- Can my race registration be refunded or transferred to another person?
Race registrations for NEVER QUIT® events are not transferable from the original registrant to another participant for safety reasons.
- If I am injured, pregnant or no longer able to attend the event, can I get a refund?
Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Once a race is sold out is there any way to register or be put on a wait-list?
Since race registrations are non-refundable, we do not maintain a wait-list for interested participants once all registrations have been sold.
- I am unable to attend the race. Am I able to defer my registration?
No, you are not able to defer to the following year.
- What hotels are host resorts?
See the full list here of discounted participant hotels.
- What is included on my personalized bib?
Your personalized bib will include your first name and your race number but in order to have your first name included on your race bib you must register 4 weeks prior to race day.
- Are there gender specific sizes for the participant shirts?
Men’s short-sleeved tri-blend shirts are Women’s tank tops are offered for the NEVER QUIT® 5K, 1M, presented by ACUVUE®. NEVER QUIT® 1M participants receive a youth sized t-shirt. Men’s shirts are fitted and you should size up if you want a loose fit. Women’s tanks fit true to size or even on the larger side. If you are border line, size up one size.
- What forms of payment are accepted for race registration?
Credit and debit cards are acceptable forms of payment for registration for NEVER QUIT® events presented by ACUVUE®
- Registration is closed; can I register on race day?
You can register at the event site on Friday April 14 during the Never Quit Expo. We strongly recommend early online registration to save money and time.
- What is the minimum age for the 5K?
Any age but please be able to complete the 5k, even if it is with the assistance of a parent or legal guardian.
- What is the minimum age for the 1 Mile Fun run?
Any age but please be able to complete the 1 Mile, even if it is with the assistance of a parent or legal guardian.
- Can we have a stroller in the run?
Yes, we encourage you to bring all of your family, Never Quit is extremely family friendly. There are many parents who bring strollers. All we ask is that but you stay to back of the group of runners. ie., at the back of the start line so they do not trip on your stroller.
- Are pets allowed?
Yes, Jacksonville Beach allows pets on the beach (with a leash on) until 9am, but we ask that if you bring your pets, please only do so if they are harmless and will not bite or hurt someone else.
The Expo and Event:
- Will there be a race briefing before the race starts?
Yes. Important last minute information will be relayed to everyone at the race start. Please review the course layouts here: Please be at the start line no later than 30min before the race start (7:30am)
- Can someone else pick up my packet if I am unable to attend the expo?
You can not pick up for other participants, however, you can pick up for your Husband, Wife or children (immediate family member) or if you are coming from out of town and can not get to packet pickup. YOU CAN pick up for another participant that lives outside the Jacksonville, FL area if you bring a photocopy of the participant’s driver’s license. (Just have them take a picture of their DL and text it to you) Everyone else will be required to show their own valid picture government ID at packet pickup.
- What are the hours of the Expo?
Please view our Schedule Home page for Expo hours and location, scroll down to the bottom. NEVER QUIT will also email you the dates that you can pick up your packet, Bib & Competitor shirt.
- If I can’t attend the race, can my race packet be mailed to me?
Yes, for a $15 fee which is paid while you register online for you race. Packets will not be mailed after March 31, 2017
- Where do I pick up my race packet?
You must pick up your race packet at the NEVER QUIT® Expo seen HERE.
- Do I need to bring anything with me to Packet Pick-Up?
To pick up your race packet, you must bring a photo ID.
- Am I allowed to bring my stroller into the expo or into the race?
Yes, this is a family friendly event. If you use a stroller for your children in the race, we ask that you stay to the very back/rear of All race participants so other runners do not trip on your stroller.
- Where is the Lost & Found located?
Lost & Found will be at the onsite INFO tent.
- Where are the water stations on the run course?
Water stations are at the start line, Finish line, on the 5K run course at the turn around. There will be a ton of cold water.
- What is the address of the Start Line?
JACKSONVILLE BEACH: 11 1st Street North, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250. Map here.
- Are costumes allowed on the course?
Yes, however, if your costume includes a face mask, Race Management, police or security has the right to request that you remove the mask at anytime. If your costume is questionable or offensive to others, we reserve the right to either have you change into something more appropriate or remove you from the event.
- I left a message or sent an email and haven’t heard back from you. What should I do?
If you have contacted us right before or right after an event or during a holiday, please expect a delayed response time. The NEVER QUIT® Team who answers your calls is the same team who is busy planning your amazing event experience! During other times of the year, if you have not heard back from us and it has been over 4 business days, please feel free to write us again.
- Will the race be canceled/postponed due to weather?
All NEVER QUIT® races and events will be held rain or shine. If there is lightning in the area, the race will either have a delayed start or, depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled. The determination will be made by the Event Management staff. We live by the words NEVER QUIT !
- Is there a pacing requirement for the race?
Yes. Please stay in your pace sections that will be marked at the start. Slower runners to the rear.
Is this race walker friendly?
All NEVER QUIT® races are walker friendly and thousands of people walk the entire run, in fact, some people push their injured friend and some even carry their friends. Again, we all live by the motto: NEVER QUIT.
Where will we receive or Finisher race medal and necklace or sunglasses?
You will receive your Finisher Medal right after the finish line. You will receive your necklace at the ACUVUE Finisher Necklace area at the Sea Walk Pavilion, just 50′ to the East of the start line. The only people who can access this area are those that have a tear tab on their bib that specifies that they are getting a necklace. You can not join those in this secured area who have registered for a finisher necklace if you did not as well.
Is bag check available for NEVER QUIT® races?
No. Please leave your items securely placed in your car or with a friend.
What is the best way to contact the NEVER QUIT® Team?
Members of the NEVER QUIT Team are available to answer your questions by email. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or click HERE.
I left a message or sent an email and haven’t heard back from you. What should I do?
If you have contacted us right before or right after an event or during a holiday, please expect a delayed response time. The NEVER QUIT Team who answers your calls is the same team who is busy planning your amazing event experience! During other times of the year, if you have not heard back from us and it has been over 4 business days, please feel free to write us again HERE.
- Where will top placing awards be distributed:
9:30am, at the Sea Walk Pavilion in front of the stage.
Email NEVER QUIT® Team here with additional questions.