Warrior Challenge & Warrior Alliance
THE WARRIOR CHALLENGE FOR 2016 HAS BEEN CANCELED.
YOU CAN REGISTER FOR THE NEVER QUIT: 5K HERE
AND RECEIVE THE:
EAGLE FINISHER MEDAL,
NECKLACE (if you choose that option)
AND CUSTOM BIB
The Warrior Alliance is a Charitable fundraising organization aimed at military veterans and their families.
The Warrior Alliance organizes and conducts special events to support military veterans and their families.
*There will be no Warrior Challenge at the 2016 Jacksonville Beach event.
Saturday, ________2017 – Jacksonville Beach, Florida.
Please read this page before registering.
Times for all NEVER QUIT events are laid out so that nothing overlaps and all family members can participate. Parents/legal guardians must watch over their children/young ones to keep them out of harms way.
(Please make sure to carefully read the Questions and Answers that are following the graph)
- There are 3 Warrior Challenges.
- All are identical with roughly 100 participants per Warrior Challenge
- You can choose any of the 3 Start Times:
- This NEVER QUIT Warrior Challenge event is being held to see if you have what it takes physically, to take the interest of a Special Operations Mentor or Recruiter. (This is why it is a free event)
- (The Spec Ops recruiting range is 16 to 28 years old, US Citizen with a High School diploma or GED)
- If you are between the age of 16 to 30, can enter free of charge. ID will be required at event checkin. no exceptions. For participants 17 or 16 years old, a parent or guardian must sign the Participant Waiver at the event at the check in tent.
- If you are 15 or younger, you can enter the 12:30pm Jr Warrior Challenge, if older (16 years and above) you can also create a 6 person team and enter the 2pm Battle for the Beach.
- If you are interested in a possible recruiters talking to you about requirements for a Special Operations or contract, you should try to reach the Optimum score.
- Minimum and Average scores would generally apply for general military recruiting levels. (see following score chart for all 3 levels)
- Average and Optimum score receives the close attention of staff, and mentors.
- Participants can purchase an official NEVER QUIT Warrior Challenge T-Shirt when they register online or at the Never Quit Expo on June 5th or 6th, 2015.
- Women can participate.
- Everyone that competes will have to do the same amount exercises and same technique.
- Warrior Challenge coaches and mentors will score you.
Scroll down to see a list of important questions and answers:
Only U.S. Citizens age 16 and older, may enter this Warrior Challenge
In order to register for the Warrior Challenge, you must be in good health and be able to do the minimum of the following requirements. If you are over the age of 30, you can not enter.
|Pushups in 2 Minutes||42||79||100|
|*2 Minute Rest*|
|Sit-ups in 2 Minutes||50||79||100|
|*2 Minute Rest*|
|Pull ups (palms out) (No Time Limit)||6||11||25|
|*10 Minute Rest*|
|Run 1.5 Miles in Shorts & Running Shoes||11:00||10:20||9:30|
|A 50 meter low soft sand beach crawl will take place at the beginning and end of Warrior Challenge.|
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
A participant asks the following questions and a SEAL mentor / Special Operations expert answers.
We have posted these Q & A so that you may benefit from the level of perfection that this Warrior Challenge participant trains to achieve.
Please make sure you understand and adhere to the following:
- Am I allowed to move my feet and hands once they’re set? No
- How wide do my hands have to be? A little more than shoulder width
- How far down and up do I need to go for a rep to be counted – chest to ground (down), arms locked (up), arms 90 degrees (up), etc.? Break 90 degrees – All the way up.
- How can I rest – knees down, arms locked, etc.? Arms can lock but knees can not touch the ground.
- Am I disqualified from the push-ups portion if I move my feet or hands or am I allowed to reset and continue? You can NOT reset to continue.
- If a rep doesn’t count am I disqualified? No.
- Click here and watch this video for correct push up technique used at event
- Am I allowed to move my position once I’m set? Very little.
- How far down and up do I need to go for a rep to be counted – back flat on the ground (down), lower back touch the ground (down), chest to knees (up), arms touch knees (up), etc.? Your entire shoulder blades must touch the ground and your elbows must touch your knees.
- How can I rest – back flat on the ground, peak position, etc.? Rest in the up position.
- Am I disqualified from the sit ups portion if I move my position? No, you will not be disqualified.
- If a rep doesn’t count am I disqualified? No
- Is someone holding my legs, feet, etc.? Yes, someone will be holding your legs.
- What do I do with my arms, hands, etc.? Arms crossed in front of your chest and hands touching your shoulders.
- If my feet come up or my hands/arms move, am I disqualified or does that rep not count and I continue? If your hands come off of your chest the rep will not count but you will not be disqualified.
- Click here to watch this video for correct sit up technique used at event
- Do I have to remain on the bar once I’m set? Yes
- How wide and what grip can I put my hands? Hands facing out. Arms can go outside of shoulders (not too wide).
- How far down and up do I need to go for a rep to be counted – dead hand with arms locked (down), arms 90 degrees (down), arms past 90 degrees (down), chest to bar (up), chin above bar (up), chin to bar (up), etc..? Arms locked at the bottom. Touch Adam’s apple to bar.
- How can I rest – come off the bar, arms locked, etc.? Arms locked at the bottom.
- Am I disqualified from the pull ups portion if I move my position or am I allowed to reset and continue? Once you drop off from the bar or reset, you are done with pull-ups. Not disqualified.
- If a rep doesn’t count am I disqualified? No
- What do I do/can I do with my legs? Let them hang. No kipping!
- If my legs move too much, am I disqualified or does that rep not count and i continue? Rep does not count.
- Is “Kipping” allowed? Kipping pull-ups do NOT count, dead hang only.
- Click here and watch this video to learn proper pull up technique used at event
- Is that on my forearms/elbows and toes? Stay as flat to the ground as possible and make it under the ropes. Your back side cannot touch the ropes. There are judges monitoring, giving a warning or making you start over again depending on the severity of the hit to the ropes.
- Can I rest? If so, how can I rest? Yes, you can rest, lying on the ground.
- Can you be disqualified or is this like a warm-up? No, you can’t be disqualified but you will be forced to start over if you perform your low crawl incorrectly. Perform your low crawl as show in these videos:
- Proper low crawl technique used at event
- Watch this other great low crawl video.
Any additional information you can give about the challenge that you feel would be beneficial? As I continue to train I want to be well aware so I prepare with the proper technique and not surprised come the day of the challenge. With doctor supervision, start training months before the event with the correct form as explained above, so you can achieve the Optimum results.
- Minimum of 42 push-ups
- Minimum of 50 sit-ups
- Minimum of 6 pull-ups
- Run 1.5 Miles in under 11 minutes (with shoes)
- 50 meter low soft sand crawl
“Man in the Arena”
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Read more Here