NQ 10k & 5k Run/Walk
REGISTER for NEVER QUIT®
Saturday, April 13, 2019: 8am
8am: (10k & 5k)
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
NEW FOR 2019: All male & female NEVER QUIT® 5k & 10k participants receive:
- Necklace. of your choice. Choose your necklace during online registration. All necklaces are appraised at $300
- If you select “Finisher Medal” option during registration, (in 3D or Flat) you will also receive a finisher medallion in addition to your necklace, shirt and bib.
- High quality NEVER QUIT® shirt for Men and Ladies given to you at Packet pickup.
- Custom commemorative 2019 NEVER QUIT® bib
|PAYMENT RECEIVED BY:
(online payment required)
THERE WILL BE NO DAY OF EVENT REGISTRATION
NOR DAY OF EVENT PACKET PICKUP
|5k / 10k
|April 22, 2018- April 12, 2019|
|Prices increase based on availability. Click SIGN UP to see prices|
NO REFUNDS for any reason after 2/1/2019.
NEW 2019 RIBBON
Run/walk a safe open course during dead low tide on super hard packed dry sand.
Race start: 8am
REGISTER as an Individual, Team, Company or for NEVER QUIT®
Your NEVER QUIT® 5k & 10k run/walk will start with powerful speeches from various men and women, prayer, we will all recite our Constitutional oath, all sing “The National Anthem”. Then, get ready for an amazing, healthy and very patriotic 5K & 10k run/walk race and a great day for everyone!
There will be a perfect low tide on April 13, 2019 with 100 yards of width in the dry area to run on.
The NEVER QUIT® 5K & 10k course is an out and back, starting in front of the Four Points Sheraton hotel. Run/Walk along the beautiful, dry, hard-packed, low tide Jacksonville Beach sand down to 25th Ave South for the 5k, and Pablo Road, Ponte Vedra, for the 10K. Return back to the Finish Line in front of the Jacksonville Beach Seawalk Pavilion for the world’s largest beach run. This is a perfect, wide-open, safe beach course for running/walking.
(You can bring your dogs on a leash and strollers too, just stay with the walkers to the back of the start line)
If you select a Finisher Medal option during registration, you will be presented with it at the Jacksonville Beach Seawalk Pavilion grounds after your run.
Everyone receives a NEVER QUIT® Participant Necklace that you can keep for yourself or give as a gift to some one after your
If you or your group can not make a NEVER QUIT® event, have your team, group or yourself enter the NEVER QUIT® Virtual Run where we will mail you the same items (Medallion, shirt, bib and necklace if you requested it during online registration) as your friends and family will receive on race day, and you can run anywhere in the world, the distance you want, when you want, even on the same day as all of us are running here at Jacksonville Beach on April 13, 2019!
Click the link to see the perfect low tides that we will all be able to enjoy to give you a perfect hard packed beach to run on. The sand is flat and almost like concrete and is not soft sand. Jacksonville is one of the only unique places in the United States that has this hard-packed flat sand at hundreds of yards wide to run on, so it will be an amazing experience. See tides here: Jacksonville Beach, Florida: Saturday, April 13, 2019 at 8 am
Awards for top tier runners will start to be awarded at the Sea Walk Pavilion in front of the stage between 8:30am to 9am. If you do not attend this awards ceremony, the awards will not be available after April 13, 2019.
The following awards will be given for both NEVER QUIT® 5K’s and 10K:
- Top (2) TWO Overall male and female, Top Masters male and female, plus male & female Age Group awards for the top TWO (2) finishers in each age group as follows: 10 and under, 11-13, 14 -19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & Over. (No Multiple Awards.) Awards ceremony at 8:30-9:30am in front of the Sea-Walk Pavilion.
- If you do not collect your finisher award at the Sea-Walk Pavilion on April 13, 2019 before 9:30, it will not be available for pickup nor mailed post race.
This event/run/timing is managed by 1st Place Sports Running Inc / 1st Place Sports Inc.
“THIS IS A NON-FEDERAL ENTITY. IT IS NOT A PART OF THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE OR ANY OF ITS COMPONENTS AND HAS NO GOVERNMENTAL STATUS. ENDORSEMENT OF THIS EVENT BY THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE OR U.S. NAVY, U.S. MARINE CORPS, U.S. ARMY OR U.S. AIR FORCE IS NEITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED” This paragraph was provided by the Department of Defense.
THE 2018 NEVER QUIT® bib.
NEVER QUIT Finisher Medallion
Interesting details about your NEVER QUIT Finisher Medallion, which makes this the most unique of any finisher medal or medallion ever made since time began.
- This 3D medallion took 3 months of just drawing and computer design.
- Twenty-eight dedicated people in three countries were involved in the process.
- It took flights that totaled 4 times around the world, through 6 countries for Leanne, myself and the Z-Brush artist (who’s incredible work has been featured on Call Of Duty, Transformers, Angry Birds, Narnia) to work together to make just this NEVER QUIT -X medallion design complete.
- All metal molds had to be remade twice and a few three times, so all pieces fit together and looked perfect. This more than doubled the mold time and doubled the mold cost, with total mold costs over $14,000.
- This NEVER QUIT medallion has 8 individual 3D medals.
- A total of 36 molds were made to make all 8 finished 3D medal pieces. Typical medals would have two molds.
- All eight metal pieces were carefully poured, sanded, buffed, electroplated in 3 shades of gold & silver and clear coated. Then individual silver pieces were re-sanded and buffed and clear coated again to give it a brushed silver look. Then select areas were filled with translucent red and blue paint and silver liquid flake poured around the U.S. flag stars. Finally, all 8 pieces were connected and screwed together to make one complete final 3D medallion. Total production time will be 7 months.
- Gold and silver coatings were carefully dipped onto the NEVER QUIT medallions in the same factory that dips gold and silver coatings onto the U.S. Military insignia pins of all 5 branches worn by U.S. Service members.
- Five full size 3D printed plastic molds of all 8 pieces were made for detailed accuracy throughout this process. Each 3D print took 17 hours.
- The total “design process” cost roughly 100x over what any other medal design would cost.
- Just at the factory alone, Erik meticulously worked for 40 days, every day, until each design element, each mold and each piece was perfect in every way. Only then would he approve the final sample that you would be honorably presented with on April 13, 2019
- This is the most complex finisher medal ever made in history.
- This is the most detailed finisher medal ever made in history.
- This is the most expensive finisher medal ever made in history, costing roughly 20x the cost of other finisher medals.
- This is the largest finisher medal ever made in history. The width is 7 -1/4″, making it fall into a medallion class, more than 2x over.
- It is the heaviest finisher medal ever made in history for any running race, by far.
- Total weight of this NEVER QUIT medallion is 3+lbs. (over 2x the weight of the 2017 NEVER QUIT eagle head medal.)
- The weight of this medallion is equal to the weight of 16-20 typical running finisher medals.
- To put this into perspective, approximately 50,000 finisher medals were given out at all various running races in greater Jacksonville in 2016. The weight of 9,000 of these NEVER QUIT medallions is equal to the weight of roughly 110,000 finisher medals, more than double the weight of all the medals given out in two years of all running races in Jacksonville. (The combined totals of 2016 & 2017 !)
- Total weight of all 2018 NEVER QUIT – X medallions is over 15 Tons. One entire shipping container full.
- This NEVER QUIT finisher medallion is a work of art, it is timeless, it is what you will cherish forever.
NEVER QUIT only provides the best and stops at nothing to give its all
and honor those who NEVER QUIT,
just as everyone in the NEVER QUIT family will also only give their best in all that they do.
Thank you to all of the NEVER QUIT family who have helped spread their NEVER QUIT message around the world and your continued involvement to make this this the 10th year running.
After you finish your NEVER QUIT 5k or 10k, you will walk up to a line of proud and sharply dressed U.S. Armed Service Members in the secured area and say;
“I NEVER QUIT !”
(If you choose the Finisher medal option during registration)
At that time, depending on which of the Service members you are greeted by, the Marines will respond with “Semper Fi !” or the Navy sailor with “Hooyah !” Then they will proudly present you with this 2019 NEVER QUIT finisher medallion, placing it around your neck…
BECAUSE, YOU NEVER QUIT,
AMERICANS NEVER QUIT !
Full Steam Ahead,
Director, NEVER QUIT